The perfect way to begin your students’ school day! Cross-curricular daily practice gets your 4th graders focused and engaged—and ready to learn. The daily activities provide practice of language, math, and reading skills in an easy-to-use format.
The perfect way to begin your students’ school day! Cross-curricular daily practice gets your fourth grade students focused and engaged—and ready to learn. The daily lessons provide practice of language, math, and reading skills that support your core curriculum.
The meaningful 10 to 15 minutes of daily practice helps sharpen students’ skills and helps you see where your students need to improve. With a detailed scope and sequence, you will always know the skills that your students are practicing.
Daily Fundamentals lessons are ideal for morning work, bell ringers, homework, and informal assessment. The daily practice and review prepares students for success on assessments and state testing.
How it works:
• Monday–Friday: Full-page daily activities provide practice of grade-level language, math, and reading skills, focusing on one skill in each subject area.
• The daily lessons progress in difficulty as students move through Day 1 to Day 5, and the weekly units progress in difficulty throughout the year.
The 30 weeks of fourth grade skill practice covers:
• Language: grammar, mechanics, spelling, and vocabulary
• Math: algebraic expressions, angles, fractions, decimals, measurement, problem solving, geometry, and data plots
• Reading: main idea and details, theme, inference, text organization, genre, literary elements, visual information, context clues, and figurative language
Daily activities often include open-ended questions that require higher-order thinking skills. These types of questions can be used to promote peer-to-peer discussions as students share and discuss answers, while also fostering critical thinking skills.