Foster your child’s critical thinking skills and see confidence soar! The variety of fun and creative activities in this series helps your child develop critical thinking skills and become a better learner.
Thinking and problem-solving skills are invaluable because they cross the kindergarten curriculum and beyond.
Foster these thinking skills in your kindergartener with Evan-Moor’s Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking. This is the ultimate problem-solving kindergarten activity book, providing over 100 creative critical thinking cross-curriculum exercises. All the activities center on popular kindergarten curriculum themes like animals, transportation, plants and places. Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking gets kindergarteners problem solving outside the box in math, science, social studies and language arts. Use it as enrichment in school or for reinforcement at home. Homeschoolers will find it useful in their curriculum too.
Foster your kindergartner’s critical thinking skills and see confidence soar! Children are naturally inquisitive from infancy, yet creative and problem-solving skills need to be nurtured as children grow. Like reading and math skills, critical thinking skills require practice.
The variety of fun and creative activities in this series will challenge your child to use higher-order thinking skills based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. Every page provides a new and interesting activity that will help your child:
• Think outside the box and use higher-order thinking skills through open-ended questions and challenges
• Tap into his or her creativity with art projects and hands-on activities
• Become a better learner by practicing critical thinking skills in cross-curricular activities (based on science, math, social studies, and language arts content)
The 100+ activities are organized around these kindergarten themes:
• Animals: Cats and Dogs; Insects
• Transportation: Bikes, Trikes, and Wagons; Cars, Trucks, and Buses
• Plants: Flowers; Trees
• Places: Oceans and Deserts; Mountains and Plains
Kindergarten activities include tracing, counting, dot-to-dot, and drawings that involve critical thinking skills such as:
• Create, and more!
Plus, each page lists the critical thinking skill(s) so that you know what your child is practicing.
Use Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking for enrichment at home and help your child become a confident problem solver!
Includes answer key.