U.S. Facts & Fun presents factual stories and fun activities that will broaden the students' knowledge and appreciation of our diverse country.
U.S. Facts & Fun, Grades 1–3 presents a variety of informative topics:
• events, such as the Iditarod race, the invention of the telephone, and the creation of the U.S. flag
• people, such as Levi Strauss, Dr. Seuss, and Annie Oakley
• animals, such as prairie dogs, state birds, and alligators
• sites, such as the Great Salt Lake, MammothCave, and Tornado Alley
• use these short stories to make connections with holidays, celebrations, and other curricular topics or to practice nonfiction reading skills