Provide engaging math practice and see children’s math and problem-solving skills improve with
Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books! The colorful theme-based activities create enjoyable learning experiences for children and improve their math fluency, number sense, and reasoning skills.
Completely updated to reflect grade-level standards, the new Skill Sharpeners: Math books are ideal for enrichment, for review, and to help students master “must-know” skills such as:
• place value
• logical thinking
• algebra and more
Each grade level incorporates the perfect amount of math skill practice and includes word problems that challenge children to apply their understanding. Engaging theme-based units capture children’s interest with colorful visuals to help them solve problems.
Each title includes:
• Rigorous math skill practice that reflects current standards
• New themed units that present math practice in a fun, colorful format
• A downloadable teaching guide that provides teaching tips and support for struggling children
A “Test Your Skills” page at the end of each unit that lets students review the skills practiced in that unit
• New math completion certificates (grades PreK–2) that give young children a sense of accomplishment
• All-new artwork that engages children with age-appropriate illustrations
Each title includes an answer key.
These activity books help children understand and master important math skills needed to form a strong math foundation and are ideal for at-home practice, homeschooling, and the classroom!
Skill Sharpeners: Math, grade 1 provides practice for the following skills:
• count within 100
• add and subtract within 20
• add and subtract two-digit numbers
• solve simple word problems
• compare two-digit numbers
• compose numbers with tens and ones
• count by 2s, 5s, and 10s
• write number words
• use addition strategies (regrouping)
• tell time to the hour and half-hour
• identify equal shares
• identify two- and three-dimensional shapes
• read a graph and represent data on a graph
• identify and extend patterns
• determine the value of coins
• measure length