Extend literature's connection with the art and writing activities in Literature Pockets, Primary. Books contain content-specific reading, writing, and art projects. Projects are displayed in easy-to-make paper pockets, creating a comprehensive portfolio.
Common Core Top Pick for Writing
• Text Types and Purposes
• Production and Distribution of Writing
Every pocket in Folktales & Fairy Tales for Grades 2-3 begins with a two-page reproducible retelling of a tale.
About the book:
• There is a teacher resource page that offers suggestions for sharing the tale.
• Comprehension, art, and writing activities follow, helping the story come to life for students.
• Two pages of evaluation forms help both teacher and student assess what was learned.
The eight tales in this book include:
• Henny Penny
• The Brave Little Tailor
• The Fisherman and His Wife
• Jack and the Beanstalk
• The Elves and the Shoemaker
• The Frog Prince
• The Emperor’s New Clothes
• The Bremen Town Musicians
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.