Students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. Daily Language Review is correlated to current standards.
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
• two sentence-editing exercises
• two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
• Grammar and usage
• Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
• Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
• Using acquired vocabulary
Daily Language Review Features and Benefits:
• Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
• The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
• A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
• Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
• A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
Turn to Evan-Moor for daily language review lessons that will incorporate success into your eighth-grade classroom. Help your students achieve necessary language skills through daily, 10 to 15-minute practice activities that help them gain a comprehensive understanding of grammar and word usage, correct capitalization, punctuation, spelling and more!
These daily language review sessions are easy-to-follow and understand — for both teachers and students! Our materials also seamlessly correlate to the most current language standards. Students can complete the daily activities at their own pace, and the included progress charts and vocabulary logs will help your students easily track their progress. Additionally, downloadable activities are available for home use to involve your students’ parents in their academic success.
Our educational materials, books and resources have been trusted and loved by both students and teachers for over 35 years. Our longevity in the education industry has inspired confidence in our products and has attributed Evan-Moor to millions of students’ success stories that span over three decades!