An effective way to teach the conventions of standard English grammar and usage! Your seventh graders are both editors and writers, applying grade-level language skills to correct paragraphs and complete a related weekly writing exercise.
Writing and editing is a paramount educational skill that serves a student well throughout life.
Teach your middle school students the basics of editing and more with Evan-Moor’s Daily Paragraph Editing. The seventh grade teacher’s print resource will immediately become a go-to resource in your language arts class with 36 weeks of targeted lessons focusing on standard English grammar and usage. The concentrated language arts activities are ideal for do-now’s and can be adapted for either whole or small group lessons. Not sure if Daily Paragraph Editing will fit in your class? Try the sampler!
Common Core Top Pick for Language
• Conventions of Standard English
• Knowledge of Language
Daily Paragraph Editing, grade 7 reproducible teacher’s edition contains everything you need to lead targeted language lessons, including 176 reproducible student activity pages and corresponding teacher support.
The teacher’s edition includes the following “extras”:
• scope and sequence chart
• annotated answer key
• assessment rubric
• reproducible language handbook
• page of reproducible proofreading marks
• editing checklist for students
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 7 provides 36 weeks of frequent, focused language practice to help your seventh graders learn the conventions of standard English grammar and usage. The concise daily activities are ideal “warm-up” exercises to begin your language arts block and are adaptable for small-group and whole-class instruction.
How it works: students apply grade-level language skills to correct a paragraph on Monday through Thursday; when read together, the four paragraphs form a cohesive composition. A writing prompt on Friday relates to the week’s four-paragraph composition and gives students the chance to apply the targeted language conventions.
The weekly compositions cover a broad range of expository and narrative writing forms, including:
• nonfiction texts on grade-level social studies and science topics
• biographies, book reviews, instructions, interviews, journal entries, and letters
• fables, fantasy and science fiction, historical fiction, personal narratives,
and realistic fiction
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 7 covers grade-level skills such as:
• quotations, salutations, and closings
• incorrect use of capitals
• names of people, places, and organizations
• titles of books, magazines, movies, and songs
• Language Usage
• singular and plural forms
• verb tenses
• correct use of pronouns and adjectival and adverbial forms
• quotation marks
• colons, semicolons, and more!
o identifying errors in spelling and in multiple-meaning words