Students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. Daily Language Review is correlated to current standards.
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
• two sentence-editing exercises
• two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
• Grammar and usage
• Capitalization and punctuation
• Spelling and spelling patterns
• Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
• Using acquired vocabulary
Features and benefits:
• Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
• The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
• A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
• Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
• A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Better Together! Use Language Fundamentals to reinforce the skills that students have not mastered.
View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
Develop your third-grade students’ oral language skills and improve their punctuation, verb tense, word meanings and more! With our “Daily Language Review, Grade 3” your students will journey through 36 weeks of language exercises for grade 3. Help establish the basis for their educational success with activities that will grow their aptitudes in grammar and word usage, vocabulary word meanings and relationships, spelling, spelling patterns, capitalization, punctuation and more!