Students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. Daily Language Review is correlated to current standards.
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
• two sentence-editing exercises
• two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
• Grammar and usage
• Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
• Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
• Using acquired vocabulary
Features and benefits:
• Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
• The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
• A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
• Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
• A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Better Together! Use Language Fundamentals to reinforce the skills that students have not mastered.
View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
With the Daily Language Review Grade 5 Print Teacher’s Edition from Evan-Moor.com, educators have access to 36 weeks of daily lessons that address key language skills. All of the language components covered in the 10 to 15 minute daily language review lessons are modeled after the most current standards.
Students will receive practice in vital language skills such as grammar usage, capitalization, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
The concepts covered in the grade 5 Daily Language Review are research-based and are designed to help students retain the knowledge they need to be successful.
The Grade 5 Daily Language Review Print Teacher’s Edition also includes scope and sequence skill details, a downloadable skill list with answer key, a progress chart with a vocabulary log as well as a home/school connection that is perfect for homework.
Evan-Moor’s Grade 5 Daily Language Review’s Teacher’s Edition is also available in an e-book version in addition to individual student practice books and class packs, letting educators choose the ideal format for their individual classroom.